Johar, these are the Jharkhand Forum's norms and other information. It is assumed that all registered members or active users are familiar with the rules and guidelines presented here.
=== KNOW EACH OTHER ===
Jharkhand Volunteer (a group of virtual volunteers; that maintains websites, video and forum for Jharkhand Org.) is actively working to promote each and every member or active user of Jharkhand Forum including all non-profit NGOs working in India.
At Jharkhand Forum, we would like to suggest you to create a profile page on JHARKHAND NETWORK - http://network.jharkhandi.com that's a free to use networking website.
=== Rules and guidelines ===
Following norms and guidelines which are designed to ensure the forum is fair and respects the interests of its users and members.
1/ Time is money for everyone.
While posting your message to 'Jharkhand Forum' please always Remember, you are taking up someone's time, so please avoid one line messages in forum like -
Thank you for your reply or I am good or Greetings or I agree etc. For one line greetings or appreciation message - you may use the 'Jharkhand Instant Messenger' @ jharkhand.org.in/forum or forum.jharkhand.org.in
2/ Respect always do matter.
As you know most of Jharkhand Forum members / users have never met, in order to avoid any misunderstanding and to demonstrate respect for the other members / users, please keep the following norms in mind when you are communicating through Jharkhand Forum:
· Follow the same standards of politeness that you would in any other situation.
· Feel free to express your ideas, thoughts, and feelings, but do so in a way that will respect others.
· Prepare your correspondence in a professional manner & please use respectful salutations.
· Everyone makes mistakes. Don't criticize others' simple errors. Check your spelling and grammar.
3/ Always Remember.
Please, don't pass on chain-letter-type messages, advertisements, materials from another website without mentioning it's original source, virus alerts, signing request for petitions, job adverts, give-away, email asking for financial supports and dire warnings etc. Also, please avoid followings in your personal e-mail signature - Resume or Personal Profile links of any kind i.e. supported by commercial advert links.
NOTE: Forum websites has linked with these specific websites for following things –
Jobs: http://jobs.jharkhand.org.in | Email for posting adverts - email@example.com
Resume: http://resume.jharkhandi.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Petition: http://petition.jharkhand.org.in | Email: email@example.com
Funding Appeal: http://funding-appeal.economics.org.in | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4/ 100 percent Freedom.
Jharkhand Forum gives you 100 percent freedom to express your voices / thoughts / ideas / opinions / experiences and suggestions etc.
All members / contributors are responsible for their own comments and neither 'A Global Network of Jharkhand' nor the Jharkhand Forum's Management Team can be held responsible for any views expressed on Jharkhand Forum.
5/ Insults and threats will not be accepted.
Please be respectful of others even when you do not agree with them, if that is asking too much then please ignore them. Insults and personal attacks are not welcome on this forum and any member who resorts to such behaviour will be warned first and then moderated if they persist. Members should feel free to be able to express themselves in a non judgmental environment. This does not mean other members can not question any view that has been express, nor should you expect your own view not to become the subject of debate, but that members should not be attacked personally for the view they hold, and only their reasoning should be open to criticism.
Anyone who threatens another member, or acts in such a way which causes another member to feel threatened, will be banned from the Jharkhand Forum.
6/ Think before replying Jharkhand Forum's email.
· Don't assume everyone is passionate about your cause. In other words, before hitting the Reply button, be sure you are replying to the correct party. If you are replying to a Jharkhand Forum e-mail, does your reply need to go to everyone, or is it intended for the sender / contributor only?
· Ensure you have read an understood a message before replying to it, don't just skim read or assume someone's position. If you feel someone is misinterpreting you then don't get caught up on it.
· Both sides of the argument are available for other members to be able to make up their own mind.
· If you constantly try to push the same point people may get fed up or consider you unable to back up your position. And please try to reply to the spirit of the original message rather than a literal interpretation.
· Make sure your name and perhaps your city/town/place/country is on every message you send so that others can identify you.
· Make sure everyone is familiar with any jargon being used; be aware of acronyms and abbreviations.
· Don't type in all capital letters. It looks like shouting.
· Don't type in all lower-case letters. This is known as mumbling.
7/ Change the subject line.
It is inevitable that many discussions will go off on tangents or change direction, if this happens please, change the subject line to reflect the new topic of conversation.
8/ Misuse and Copyrights Issues.
At Jharkhand Forum, harassing any member or staff or approaching any member for network marketing purpose or misuse of any services and violation of norms will be dealt strictly.
In Forum, please don't post or pass other's work with your name. Don't forget to mention its original source in original form. You are allowed to re-publish or forward any email (of Jharkhand Forum) to third party without altering its emblem and links.
Please, do not copy, paste or reproduce the contents and materials of any websites of 'Jharkhand Org' for your personal or commercial blog or website. In such activity, you will be accused in violating of Cyber law and liable to face legal consequences. If you want to use any material for a non-profit purpose then approach to email@example.com with details of your request.
=== Complaints ===
If you have any complaints regarding Jharkhand Forum, any of its members or particular messages then please, mail firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be appreciated if you do not post your complaint to the forum (or to a contributor) as this has a tendency to cause disruption and can take longer to resolve than by being dealt with in private.
As a general policy it will be brought to someone's attention if there has been a complaint about them, although the anonymity of the complainant will be respected. Unless someone is clearly acting in an unacceptable way they will be left to decide whether or not they wish to change their behaviour, only when there have been several justified complaints, or if a member consistently ignores warnings, would someone be censured.
Termination or banning of membership from Jharkhand Forum will always be a last resort after all other attempts have failed. If some does offend you then the best advice is always to try and ignore them, just as you would in real life.
=== Function ===
Jharkhand Forum is the open access public website and can be access in all parts of world.
Anything once posted at Jharkhand Forum make shortly available at its 30+ websites such as such as http://reporter.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhandi.org | http://group.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://express.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhand.org.in
All websites of Jharkhand.ORG are advert-free (no advertisements at all) and fast loading website (which work at minimum internet speed) and quick posting so, its just take few minutes to appear your contents here.
All websites are maintained by Jharkhand Volunteer. Contact Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
At Jharkhand Forum no sign-up is required. To post your contents (press release, messages, articles, write-up, issues for public discussions and documentary video here, simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com.
If you wish receive contents in email then sign-up at http://egroups.com/list/jharkhand or write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or support, please email us at above emails id.
== About ==
Jharkhand Forum is an easiest accessible public forum, where everyone's voices / thoughts / ideas / opinions / experiences / suggestions are heard without any intermediate moderation. It invites you to share anything on developments issues and welcome your active participation in discussions.
Jharkhand Forum is the part of Jharkhand.ORG (an independent non-profit organization). For more info about it please visit at www.jharkhand.org.in
Foundation Year –
Jharkhand Forum was founded in 2005
Jharkhand Forum is the first forum of its kind in India. Everyday, it is visited by large no of people (800-1200 people per-day approx.) worldwide and it has 12,000 registered users / contributor.
Focus Issues -
It's focussed on hot issues of India that includes - Developments, Industrial Displacements, Adivasi, Dalit, Mines, Minerals, Environment, Health, Education, Naxal, Poverty, Corruption, Governance, Crime, Forest and Socio-Economic problems etc.
Members / Users / Contributors Backgrounds -
Jharkhand Forum's members are from all kind of Professions including Development Professionals, Researchers, Writers, News Reporters, University Teachers & Students, Govt. of India's officers, Policy makers, NGOs and NRIs etc.
Members' Profile –
It can be openly access at http://network.jharkhandi.com
Geographical Region of Membership -
Language of communication -
Sharing information in public through the websites, blog, email lists and an e-newsletter, facilitate debate and discussion and raise awareness and understanding.
Facilitating networking among professionals, academics, researchers, policy-makers, and practitioners involved in development, within and beyond India;
Facilitating mutually beneficial relationships and meaningful co-operation between the academics, media community and development professionals, including policy-makers, civil society groups, and development NGOs;
Note: To post your contents (press release, messages, articles, write-up, issues for public discussions and documentary video) at this website, simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. No sign-up required.
This is an advert-free and quick posting website so, its just take few minutes to appear your contents here as well as on 30 other websites of Jharkhand.ORG such as http://reporter.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhandi.org | http://group.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://express.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.in/
Some Useful Links -:
01. ==> Jobs Post -> http://jobs.jharkhand.org.in
02. ==> Resume / CV -> http://resume.jharkhandi.com
03. ==> Marriage -> http://shaadi.jharkhandi.com
04. ==> Email A/c-> http://jharkhandi.com/email.aspx
05. ==> Network -> http://network.jharkhandi.com
06. ==> Documentary -> http://documentary.jharkhand.us
07. ==> Petition -> http://petition.jharkhand.org.in
08. ==> Districts -> http://jharkhandi.com/district.aspx
09. ==> Funding Appeal -> http://Funding-Appeal.economics.org.in
10. ==> Naxal Terror -> http://naxal.jharkhand.org.uk
Language Blogs -
01. ==> Sadri -> http://nagpuri.jharkhandi.com
02. ==> Mundari -> http://mundari.jharkhandi.com
03. ==> Khortha -> http://khortha.jharkhandi.com
04. ==> Oraon -> http://kurukh.jharkhandi.com
05. ==> Kharia -> http://kharia.jharkhandi.com
06. ==> Kurmali -> http://Kurmali.jharkhandi.com
07. ==> Santhali -> http://santali.jharkhandi.com
08. ==> Panchpargania -> http://panchpargania.jharkhandi.com