| Re: Visa issue of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF)
Different people have various kinds of opinions based upon their ideology. As long as the weaker persons with all shortcoming are existing, nobody can pinpoint a person or a group faultless or blameless. It is a true fact that the higher caste Brahmins and Thakurs made the poor Hindu Dalits as their slaves for years together and the same attitude is still existing in North India and of course, in South India, there is vast improvement due to the higher education and technological advancement etc,. This should not make someone to hate those communities as there are very poor people live below abject poverty line in these communities, Let us not condemn anybody and try our level best to bring higher education and better facilities to them.
I am very proud to be an Indian and but at the same time I appreciate the welfare measures adopted in other countries especially in US and other western countries, I have visited many countries and I appreciate their discipline and hard work by which the countries improve. Our best talented students go for higher education to these countries and majority of them stay back instead of coming back to our own country because of indiscipline, improper application of law, and high corruption which destroy all our developmental works. There was news that more than 14 billions of US dollars on account of Indians are lying in Swiz and other Western Banks. There is a case pending in the Apex Court pertaining to this issue.Who should be blamed for this? I appreciate that the majority of Hindus in India has a secular mind and adopting with others. Some deranged fanatics pulled down the Historical Babri Mosque and aftermath bomb blasts and unbearable consequences. Who to be blamed?.
I appreciate Mr Modi Chief Minister of Gujarat for his best administration but this will not erase the ugly incidents taken place in Gujarat and death of thousands of innocent people. Let us reexamine ourselves instead of condemning and blaming others. Let us sow the seed of love, compassion among the suffering citizens of India. It is a horrible picture that still there is 50% people of India lives under ABJECT POVERTY although we have surplus food. Who is to be blamed? Majority of Indian politicians does not have fear of God or the laws in the land. They are misusing the official status, money and power for themselves and their children. Recently one leading Politician spent 20 crores for his son wedding and another gave a crown of gold to Tirupathy. If they were in China they should have been lined before the firing squad. From where they received this money? the hard earned money of taxpayers.
Let us respect the teachings of all religions and love each other considering others greater than us. It is a true fact that there are millions of poor people live under ABJECT POVERTY from Hindu higher and lower castes, Muslims, Sikhs, Jains and Christians. Let us show our compassion and wealth to all suffering people irrespective of CASTE, CREED, FAITH AND COLOUR.
I personally try to love others on the above line and pray for all those who are suffering and try to help others without looking into their religions but HUMANITY, that is all.
May the ALMIGHTY GOD bless all those who are sincerely engaged in such wonderful work. Let us bridge the gap by sincere dialogue and discussion,.
Dr Thomas Mathai
US is always right for some of characters spend some of their time or operate from the American shores. They may not be aware of the following facts:
1) India's unwavering commitment to a secular nation and respect for minorities as can be seen in the fair representation of non-Hindus in the highest political, judicial and military appointments.
2) The excesses of proselytizing groups be they Christian or Islamic have resulted in a backlash from Hindu fundamentalists and a few state governments have enacted rightly legislation banning proselytization, ala, what has been done in Greece and Russia, two Christian countries (you may want to Google and read on Greece's and Russia's experiences with foreign proselytization)
3) The rise or non-decline of Muslim and Christian population since India's independence while the same is not true in the case of both Pakistan and Bangladesh.
4) The plight of Hindu refugees from Kashmir creating animosity between Hindus and Muslims.
5) USCIRF's lack of representation on the commission for non-Abrahmic faiths other than the appointment of a token member or two.
India has had a Christian presence for 2000 years like Iraq had and yet the symbiotic existence of Christians with Hindus and Muslims are being disrupted by the proselytizing activities of both Christian fundamentalists and Islamic Jehadists.
In Iraq, over 300,000 Arab Christians have been turned in refugees after the US invasion which in some sense was triggered early on by the unfortunate visit of American missionaries using US faith-based programs as a cover to package their social services with an ulterior motive to spread Christianity, much like what is happening in India.
I am disappointed that the Obama administration continues to fund a faith-based office in USAID though the US prides on the claim that it separates Church and State in its political and social spheres.
To the best of my knowledge, neither the Bush administration nor Obama administration has funded any non-Abrahmic organizations either in the US or overseas to dispense social services using US tax dollars.
Note: To post your contents (press release, messages, articles, write-up, issues for public discussions and documentary video) at Jharkhand Forum websites, simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. No sign-up required.
Jharkhand Forum broadcast your contents on thirty websites like - http://reporter.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhandi.org | http://group.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://jai-adivasi.jharkhandi.org | http://joharadivasi.jharkhandi.org | http://express.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://santhalpargana.jharkhandi.org
Posting Policy - http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/2009/06/posting-policy-of-jharkhand-forum.html
Some Useful Links -:
01. Jobs Post -> http://jobs.jharkhand.org.in | 02. Resume / Bio-data | CV -> http://resume.jharkhandi.com | 03. Marriage -> http://shaadi.jharkhandi.com | 04. Email A/c-> http://jharkhandi.com/email.aspx | 05. Social Networking -> http://network.jharkhandi.com | 06. Documentary -> http://documentary.jharkhand.us | 07. Petition -> http://petition.jharkhand.org.in | 08. Districts -> http://jharkhandi.com/district.aspx | 09. Funding Appeal -> http://Funding-Appeal.economics.org.in 10. Naxal Terror -> http://naxal.jharkhand.org.uk | 11. Adivasi Alert -> http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.uk | 12. Mines Area Issues -> http://mines.jharkhand.org.uk
Vacancy for Regional Representative role -
Apply online at http://jharkhandi.com/representative.aspx to be representative of The Global Organization of Jharkhandi People (www.jharkhandi.org)