Re: I wouldn't have interacted with you in English and use internet, if my ancestors had not embraced Christianity.
I have been going through all exchange of inidividual thoughts regarding religious conversion.
Can I expect answers of a few questions for my as well our enlightenment?
1. What is the population ratio of converted and non-converted tribals in India today?
2. Have converted tibals outnumbered non-converted tribals?
3. If yes, I doubt, are you representing your community of converted tribals? or just giving your personal thoughts on behalf of the larger community without any authority?
4. If no, then again how can you make statements on behalf of the whole tribal community, when there is a great religious division?
5. What you have achieved today, everybody should appreciate that. But this is what exactly your ancestors were promised at the time of conversion.
6. Can you deny that those respected people who had converted to any other religion 3-4 generations back were generally illiterate, deprived of knowledge and information, without any exposure of outer world, and were living in penury?
7. Can you deny those people and there situation were vulnerable to allurement (not proper word), coersion, etc. Is this justifiable that when people had been strugling for survival and were living in such adverse and so vulnerable conditions were in such a strong frame of mind to change their faith and adopt other religion only for divinity nothing else.
Please note, this is not a question mark on the honesty and wisdom of those respected people. My intention is to analyse the actual situation only.
Your pride reflecting in the subject line of this mail itself shows that the issue is coersive. "I wouldn't have interacted with you in English and use internet, if my ancestors had not embraced Christianity."
This sentence is undermining the whole concept of any religion. Changing faith for personal gain is not the primary objective of following any religion.
Thanks and Regards,
Sanjay --- __._,_.___
Replying to this email will send an e-mail to 8500+ members of Jharkhand Forum.