PROPOSED INTER-FAITH DELEGATION OF AMERICAN INDIANS TO PAKISTAN
NRIs DEMAND JUDICIAL PROBE INTO THE KILLING OF HEMANT KARKARE and PROPOSED INTER-FAITH DELEGATION OF AMERICAN INDIANS TO PAKISTAN
A meeting of NRIs and secular Indians was held at the Indian Islamic Cultural Center, New Delhi on the 28th December 2008 at 3pm. It was over presided by Dr. AK Nakadar, the Chief Trustee of the American Federation of Muslims of Indian Origin (AFMI), the leading organization of Indian Muslims in the US, and Mr. Amaresh Misra, the President of All India Patriotic Forum (AIPF). The meeting was attended by various representatives of AFMI from USA and Canada—Mr. Ali Qureshi, President, Dr. Shakir Mukhi, Dr Shahid Ali, and Aslam Ayubi.
The meeting was also attended by Badruddin Ajmal, the Chief of Assam United Democratic Front (AUDF). Mr. Ajmal seconded the demand of a probe into the death of Hemant Karkare, Vijay Salaskar and Ashok Kaamte and exhorted Muslims to form a secular party of the oppressed which can bring about a revolution in India.
Other speakers included Shri John Dayal, Shri Arshad Khan, President National Loktantrik Party, Waqar Rizvi, MJ Khan, President National Economic Forum of Muslims (NEFM), Illyas Azmi, MP, Aamir Rashidi, and Yogi Sikand, Pragati Sharma and Julia Manke.
The meeting passed the followed resolutions:
1) The AFMI and AIPF demand a judicial probe into the death of Hemant Karkare, Vijay Salaskar and Ashok Kaamte, during the Mumbai terror attack. A special PIL or RTI shall be used to this effect.
2) The AFMI and AIPF resolve to denounce terrorism in all its phases and dimensions and urge people of all faiths to join hands and work for a peaceful India. The participants of the conference organized by the 2 groups believe that terrorism is sponsored by those who use hatred as a weapon to disturb social peace for socio-political and economic gain.
3) The AFMI and AIPF denounce all those who use terrorism as an excuse to spread hatred against Islam and Muslims, Christians and Christianity, Hindus and Hinduism and other religions to persecute ordinary innocent people. The campaign of Islamophobia is detrimental to the social coexistence of different communities in India and outside.
4) The AFMI and AIPF recognize the severity of the tension that now exists between India and Pakistan consequent to 26/11 acts of terrorism in Mumbai and propose that a delegation of NRIs, Muslims, Christians and Hindus visit Pakistan to convey the message of peace to the political leaders of the two countries.
5) The AFMI and AIPF also condemn all forms of state terrorism and its links to individual terrorism. Both feed on each other.
6) The AFMI and AIPF resolve that a special civil rights act for Indian minorities, which protects them from atrocities, ought to be enacted to protect and extend constitutional rights enshrined in the constitution of India.
Dr.AK Nakadar Amaresh Misra
-- Regards Amaresh Misra
Replying to this email will send an e-mail to 11000+ members of Jharkhand Forum