Can you please answer the following Charges against Shri Naveen Patnaik's efficiency as CM. ?
1) Education on a back foot in erosion hit areas, SHRC seeks report
2) Had MLA Shambunath Nayak not put the question, Orissa's School and mass education Minister Sanjiv Sahu would never have voluntarily informed the Assembly this session that more than one third of the Primary Schools in Orissa are running without Principals. Out of 15,741 Government Upper Primary Schools, there are no Head Masters in 5491 Schools, he has said.
3) Teachers pay has been lower than the minimum wage of Government - Why do you think that will encourage or motivate teachers ?
4) Distress sale of paddy was the crux of adjournment motion noticed by the Opposition. Initiating the debate, Arun De made categorical mention of how farmers of Balasore district, even of other districts like Bhadrak, are being compelled to distress sale their paddy for five to six hundred rupees a quintal as against official rate of Rs.850. He estimated the annual loss of farmers of his district to be no less than Rs.75 crore. This loss to farmers is direct gain to millers who share the loot with government functionaries in the food supply department, he alleged. [
CAN THE CM TELL THE FARMERS WHAT HIS AGENT TOLD THE ASSEMBLY?]
5) Law & Order: Kandhamala ..? and 4 cases resolved in 3 months ..? Click Here .
Can the Government provide a statistics FIR filed Vs cases resolved to prove its efficiency ?
6) Health care: Female foeticide, Poor salary to doctors? Poor drug enforcement ?
7) Naxlite - BJD was total flop while in Andhra HYDERABAD: Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram has lauded the efforts of the State government in bringing the naxalite problem under control and achieving remarkable results in its operations, leading to police finally gaining an upper hand.
He said the violent incidents caused by the naxalites had fallen to the lowest number in the State now. The only exception was the attack in the Balimela reservoir bordering Orissa where 34 policemen lost lives.
8) Job Creation - total flop - since last 4 years only MoUs are being signed and can you estimate - How many Odia BE/BTech are migrated to other states ? How many jobs are created in last 5 years ? Negligible
9)Salary of Govt. BE/BTech programmers at Block level reporting to BDO - Rs. 5000/- per month (1 year back - don't have the latest information). Also they are at mercy of BDOs. What is the HR policy of Naveen patnaik Government ?
10) 3400 acres of land was given to TATA in 1998. CMO was informed in 2006 to get back the land as they did nothing in last 10 years ? Why the CM is silent ?
11) Why the OSRTC land in Berhampur /badambadi,Cuttackwas/isleased to Ambani's without any public auction ?
The State Government has decided to lease out land belonging to the Orissa State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) at prime locations near the bus terminals at Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Angul, Dhenkanal, Sambalpur, Baripada, Berhampur, Keonjhar and Barbil along with several other towns to the company. And, the traders are up in arms again demanding dropping of the move. (Indian Express)
12) Why didn't CM spoke to the people of Dhinkia at least once in last 4 years ? Is not this arrogant attitude ?
13) Why there is no stringent land misuse clause in MoUs. If you believe so, then what is the gurantee that Anil Agrawal and POSCO can't misuse or divert the land like TATAs ( Steel Plant to SEZ and do nothing ..). It is Shri Naveen Patnaik, who allowed TATAs to setup a SEZ in 2003, in stead of asking them to return back the land. What happened to the assurances given to the people of 5 villages, who forced to sell their land for nothing ? is not the CM responsible ?
14) Is it true that Jagannath temple land is sold to VedantaUniversity at throw away price ? If yes - was the temple given equivalent land elsewhere
15) In OLA, CM has assured to legislators close the polluting TRL Belpahar. More than 6 months passed - when it will be closed ?
Months ago when Dr. Hrushikesh Panda was at the helm of Forest & Environment Department, Tata Refractories Limited (TRL) at Belpahar,was accused of pollution. He impressed upon the OPCB to issue closure notice to the company.
OPCB issued closure notice and the Chief Minister announced the closure of TRL in the floor of the House.
So unrelenting was he that the State Government was to shift Dr.Panda to provide relief to TRL. ]
16) When a FIR is abandoned by police, do they even inform the victim that his FIR is inactive or closed forever?
17) The sorry state of public grievance in CMO - "Forward and forget" - No tracking.
18) Please get my news item titled "Corruption bedevils PDS from top to bottom" came in the pioneer on 20th nov 08
19) Let us come to the checking corruption. Claims.. - What is the count per year ?
You go to RTO office, Tehesildar office , Sub-Register office and this is present every where .
Also, why there are no Ministers ? Why ministers are simply asked to resign and what is the assurance that they will not be given ticket ? e.g. BSE - Marksheet scam of mass education minister ..
In last 8 years 200 civil servants face graft charges*
Bhubaneswar, June 5: At least 200 civil servants — 11 of them belonging to
the Indian Administrative Service and 189 to the Orissa Administrative
Service (OAS) — are facing corruption charges in the state.
State vigilance department which conducted raids in the houses of these
officers have registered cases and filed chargesheets against them.
Replying to query in the Assembly, chief minister Navin Patnaik said on
Monday that as many as 45 cases have been filed against 11 IAS officers. Of
these, investigation into 17 cases has been completed while chargesheets
have been filed in five cases.
Here is more.. in last 5 years Vigilance has registered 1713 cases and filed charge sheet in 1232 cases. - Is this the only claim of yourCM's honestyand efficiency against corruption ? or anything you would like to add ?