Catholic Bishops' Conference of India
National Commission for Justice, Peace and Development
CBCI Centre, 1, Ashok Place, New Delhi 110 001
Tel: (011)2336 6127, Fax 2336 4615. E-mail: email@example.com
Chairman Most Rev. Bishop Yvon Ambroise Member: Most Rev. Bishop Mathew Arackal
Exec. Secretary Fr. Nithiya ofm cap. Member: Most Rev. Bishop Gerald Almeida
FOR THE INDIAN VOTERS
I. You shall ensure that your name is on the Electoral Roll (ER) and that you have an updated Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC).
II. You shall help the poor, marginalized, underprivileged people to have their names on the ER by sending a filled-in Form No. 6 to the Chief Electoral Officer of your State immediately.
III. You shall scrutinize Election Manifestos of various political parties to ascertain their stand in favour of vulnerable groups likes tribals, dalits, children, women and minorities before you decide to support a candidate.
IV. You shall vote neither for parties/candidates that are communal, casteist, criminal, corrupt and fascist nor for those that have not kept their previous electoral promises.
V. You shall not accept any bribe/reward to vote for any party/candidate. Taking bribe is as much an offence as giving bribe, under Section 171B of IPC.
VI. You shall cast your vote early and also get others to do so on voting day. Remember that any other valid Government Photo ID can be a useful substitute for your EPIC provided your name is on the ER.
VII. You shall insist on Tendered Vote under Rule 49-P of the Conduct of Elections Rules 1961 – after convincing the Presiding Officer of the genuineness of your identity – even If someone else has already voted in your name.
VIII. You shall exercise your "electoral right" by declining to cast your vote (under the provision of Rule 49-O of the Conduct of Elections Rules 1961) if you are not satisfied with any of the candidates. After having signed on the Register of Voters and after having received the voters' slip from the Second Polling Officer, you must inform immediately the Presiding Officer at the polling station of your decision.
IX. You shall report immediately, in writing, cases of bribery (for votes) booth-capturing, bogus voting (which is an offence of Personation under Section 171D of IPC), etc. to the Chief Electoral Officer of your State by fax / email (Find your CEO's e-mail ID at http://eci.nic.in/Directories&photogallery/e-mailaddress-ceos.asp) and also lodge a complaint at the nearest Police Station.
X. You shall bring serious concerns like the disenfranchisement of a whole community/village to the notice of: The Chief Election Commissioner of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001.Tel: (011) 23717391; Fax:23713412
PROMOTION MESSAGE –
Did you know?
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
5. Jharkhand Forum has got its social networking website @ http://network.jharkhandi.com.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.
12. JF's Norms - http://www.jharkhand.org.in/posting_norms.htm