Shmasul has brought the role of the rss to our notice once again. in an otherwise very good piece, i cannot help pointing out a few things.
the pogrom of sikhs, that people like us who lived in delhi witnessed was too horrifying an act of abdication of respsonsibiltiy by the state. the ruling congreess was definitley behind it or at least a section of it. there was such strong evidence about this that later the governemnt was forced to dole out some things like flats to sikh widows as if that would make up for what it did. still for the first time this was done in a country that is known for riots and genocides.
however there are some very uncomfortable questions we need to ask ourselves too. when it comes to the murder of Gandhi we say that the 'ideology of hindutva' was responsible for that killing. indira gandhi's murder can also be laid at the door of an ideology. what was that ideology? just as all hindus were not guilty for the murder of Gandhi all sikhs were not guilty for the killing of indira gandhi. that goes without saying but needs to be emphasised.
we must also condemn the attacks on RSS cadre in the aftermath of Gandhi's murder. such reprisals are all condemnable. we cannot relax our standards in such cases.
our fight musyt be uncompromisisng against any form of communal extremism and religious fanaticism whether the community in question is a minority community or the majority community.
we must identify those ideologies that preomote and passively suupport such gruesome acts like murder.
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.