Greetings from COVA!
The election fever is catching up at various degrees with everybody in India. Not quite everybody though! The cynical masses are only a little curious at this hungama. The ever-optimistic civil society organizations are making their best efforts to make at least a little difference.
COVA too is doing its bit. The other day it has invited volunteers (with no political party affiliations) for a training programme on 'how to prevent violations of the election code'. Senior officials and social activists explained to them about what constitutes the election code and what systems are available for remedies to its violations. Since, after all, our vote is our future. In a country that cannot provide two square meals a day to all its citizens, we all have our missions chalked out for our lifetimes, don't we? Will these elections bring in the right leaders who can end hunger, at least? We are a nation with 'unity in hunger and diversity in food'. Try enjoying the enclosed Food Map of India for a moment keeping aside for a while the guilt about the existing hunger existing! The map is no doubt put together with the loving care of a gourmet. Let us also think of the other side, while celebrating the diversity.
In solidarity for Justice, Peace and Harmony,
PROMOTION MESSAGE –
Did you know?
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
5. Jharkhand Forum has got its social networking website @ http://network.jharkhandi.com.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.
12. JF's Norms - http://www.jharkhand.org.in/posting_norms.htm