Dear Mr. M.J. Khan Thank you very much for preparing the agenda and sharing it with the group. I have 3 specific concerns to the agenda.
There has been a demand for several years to make a provision to include sufficient percentage (%) of minorities in states' special police force to control riots. PAC in UP, BMC in Bihar etc. It is now understood that during riot state Police plays vital role and if the police force is bias, which we have witnessed in several states, then the minorities get more thrashing. The presence of minorities in these forces will check the atrocities by state forces.
I will suggest to include this in the agenda. White paper about modernization of madrasa. Modernisation of madrasa has been a topic of discussion among academicians, politicians, secular and religious scholars.
Firstly we must understand that there are only 4 % (according to Sachar report) muslim children who go to madrasa. We have to include remaining 96 % children in our agenda as clearly as we talk about madrasa going children.
Secondly what do we understand by Modernisation of madrasa? The government doesn't have an idea. It talks about modernization, modernization and modernization but where is white paper for such an important development. What change we want to bring in the madras and why?
We should also ponder in this and Develop A Roadmap For Reform in the madrasa education system The 3rd point which is very important- quality education. for all till 12th standard (intermediate or 10+2) and upto 18 years of age. Yes I do understand the importance of the emergence of knowledge societies. And the quality education is vital to this. But I have different rout to achieve this. And I beg to differ with Mr. Khan. I am not in favour of new minority schools/colleges with 85:15 ratio. The government should provide free & quality education to all. It should be 100 % govt. funding.
I would rather suggest to let us team up with those individuals, Civil societies and institutions which are demanding right to education & common school system (CSS). CSS based on Neighborhood Schooling is the long standing demand of educationists in India. We must work to get right to quality education for all the children up to 18 years of age and upto 12 standard class. It will give a child an option to go for higher education (medical, engineering or BA & BSc etc.) or work. What will a child do with 8th standard education. Only CSS can provide what we want for our children- quality education for all.
And I believe that CSS is the only available option in India for sustainable development of masses I welcome comment, criticism & suggestion
Note: To post your contents (press release, messages, articles, write-up, issues for public discussions and documentary video) at Jharkhand Forum websites, simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. No sign-up required.
Jharkhand Forum broadcast your contents on thirty websites like - http://reporter.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhandi.org | http://group.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://jai-adivasi.jharkhandi.org | http://joharadivasi.jharkhandi.org | http://express.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://blog.jharkhand.org.in/ | http://santhalpargana.jharkhandi.org
Posting Policy - http://forum.jharkhand.org.in/2009/06/posting-policy-of-jharkhand-forum.html
Some Useful Links -:
01. Jobs Post -> http://jobs.jharkhand.org.in | 02. Resume / Bio-data | CV -> http://resume.jharkhandi.com | 03. Marriage -> http://shaadi.jharkhandi.com | 04. Email A/c-> http://jharkhandi.com/email.aspx | 05. Social Networking -> http://network.jharkhandi.com | 06. Documentary -> http://documentary.jharkhand.us | 07. Petition -> http://petition.jharkhand.org.in | 08. Districts -> http://jharkhandi.com/district.aspx | 09. Funding Appeal -> http://Funding-Appeal.economics.org.in 10. Naxal Terror -> http://naxal.jharkhand.org.uk | 11. Adivasi Alert -> http://adivasi.jharkhand.org.uk | 12. Mines Area Issues -> http://mines.jharkhand.org.uk
Vacancy for Regional Representative role -
Apply online at http://jharkhandi.com/representative.aspx to be representative of The Global Organization of Jharkhandi People (www.jharkhandi.org)